Friday, January 6, 2012

Welcome 2012

I hope everyone enjoyed a great holiday season. I'm ready for 2012 to be great!

Some might think that this post holiday time is depressing... Typically by now Chicago is ready for the snow-season to be gone... (hm....) and we sit patiently waiting for spring to bring us out of our homes... Well, it is a little different for me. January and February continue to be busy and exciting for me because Levi's birthday is in January and Scott's birthday is in Feburary. So, now the party planning starts! (that blog post won't be until after the party... )

This year I decided to start a new tradition that was an old tradition.. When I was growing up, my mom would make me a paper chain every year counting down the days to Christmas... well, my boys have a really fun advent calendar that I fill everyday with some treat, maybe a candy treat, maybe a small toy, maybe a craft or maybe a clue to some fun adventure or party we got to do that day... so I didn't have the need for a paper chain, until now!

This is me turning old holiday scrapbook papers (a hobby I gave up my photography really started to pick up) into two paper chains to celelbrate the boys upcoming birthdays.

Original Papers:



Cut into strips and each one is given a date from now until their birthdays:



I picked up this really neat paper-less stapler through Scott's pre-school fundraiser... I think it will get lots of use for our upcoming projects:





And here's the final result:


Scott is turning 4 and Levi is turning 2. We have family time with each boy on their special day, but right now we are doing the party as a joint celebration on a day in-between birthdays. (after-all, most of their friends are my friends, and even the friends that Scott is making at school have started to become my friends)...

Scott really understands this year about his birthday coming up and having a party and inviting friends. He is excited every morning to tear off the previous day's chain. I even added a special tag/link on the day that will be his party and everyday he reminds me that he is excited and then starts naming off his friends that he can't wait to see... Levi doesn't exactly understand the concept of birthday, but he does know party... and his response is always "cupcake??"

No comments: